- The YMCA song is a "gay anthem". The song came out during the first burst of the gay-lesbian civil rights movement, about the same time Pride festivals started. It's artists, the Village People, were stereotypes of iconic gay sex images. "They have everything for you men to enjoy, you can hang out with all the boys..." Just Google it. (courtesy of Block 3)
- The Happy Birthday Song is owned by Paul McCartney. Now the more I look into this, it has become apparent that this is rumor. Many sources say Time Warner owns the rights. Either way, in training at Pump it Up, we were informed we can start singing Happy Birthday, but as a worker we're not suppose to sing to the end since that would be copyright infringement. I still sing all of it. Get at me Time Warner. (courtesy of Concert Choir and String Orchestra Block 2)
- Mr. Schmit can do everything. His friend created a plane, so Mr. Schmit made an engine for it. Mr. Schmit fixes his own cars. Mr. Schmit doesn't follow the rules of high-class museums in Rome. Mr. Schmit doesn't sleep (he's literally at WHS for 12 hours a day). Mr. Schmit cuts his own daughters' hair. Mr Schmit is almost legally blind, but still is allowed to drive. Mr. Schmit...
The only thing I learned in second grade... Use big words to sound intimidating. And stuff.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
What you REALLY learn in mo pro...
As I tie myself to my chair on this beautiful Saturday morning, I can't help from hating on Mo Pro. Maybe it's because I need to crank out eight source analyses. Maybe it's because I'm heated we have a test, issues discussion and paper due date in the next 10 days. I couldn't tell you what we specifically talk about in class other than some politics, some sociology, and some economics. What I can tell you, is all the weird, messed up things we usually end up talking about. So here's a brief list of the random things Mr. Schmit has taught other blocks, and my block in the past three months...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Also, his tests are completely fair, because he makes sure he takes them after he writes them...wait a minute...
ReplyDeleteHAHA soo true. Actually. I think we're missing something in his logic behind his tests...
ReplyDelete