Something has been on my mind. I've got a problem. It's out of my control. It's consuming my life. Goodbye grades. Goodbye social life.
Hello Dexter.
Dexter Morgan and his twisted "code" is my drug. Familiar with it or not, enjoy this little trailer.
So what makes this series so interesting? Let me tell you...
A serial killer killing serial killers.
Nothing but poetic justice. Dexter Morgan is a blood-splatter analyst for the Miami police department. However, outside of his job he hunts the very people his job are trying to detain and interview. As creepy as it seems, the story is from the point of view of yep, you guessed it, Dexter. Dexter is a protagonist with EVERY characteristic of an antagonist. Throw in a couple of dysfunctional relationships and some plot twists that will leave your head spinning, and you'll be be consumed by this monster.
Last June, my friend first introduced me to Dexter on Netflix. Free. Instant. Always at my fingertips. Let's
just say the two seasons on Netflix lasted me a week or so. Naturally I bought the next three seasons on eBay, and they lasted me all but another month.
And then I was done. There were no more episodes available. (60 episodes)(60 minutes) = 3600 minutes my life spent, yet I was still unsatisfied.
So I kicked my addiction to the curb right? Actually, yep, I did. No doubt it would occasionally pop into my thoughts, but I'm proud to say I went a streak of 45 whole days without watching an essay.
What happened? I relapsed. Season 6 debuted this past Sunday. And it has clouded my thoughts once again. But I am stronger than this, I have the strength to wait until Winter Break for the next twelve episodes.
What are you thinking? Do you want to watch Dexter? What? You think I'm erratic? You think I'm crazy?
I hear ya. Dexter came into my life last fall and it hasn't been the same since. Great picture choice, btw.
ReplyDeleteHaha, I just started watching Dexter about two weeks ago. It is really good. But if you think this is bad, don't start Lost.....(each episode introduces more questions than it answers and so you have to keep watching. It's a vicious cycle).
ReplyDelete