I write for myself. I leave post-it-notes all day, everyday. I also write the occasional journal entry, just so I can reminisce on family vacations when I'm drinking coffee outside a Parisian cafe twenty years from now. If I'm not writing for one of those selfish reasons, I'm writing for the other selfish reason of that one letter, A-F, I receive every eight weeks or so.
I prefer writing numbers, symbols, and calculations. But I'll admit writing an anecdote on a personal experiences is growing on me.
I remember I first started writing because my mom bought me a harry potter themed journal at the book fair in first grade. I wrote the names of all my elementary school crushes back then. But now I write (in the same journal...) just so I can remember what was going on in my life. I couldn't tell you what my daily routine was back in 9th grade. So hopefully I can keep this writing streak going, and truly make my senior year unforgettable.
Andrew
No comments:
Post a Comment